Friday, July 04, 2008

Playing catch up

Sleep eludes me...it is nearly 1:30am and I admit I took some Simply Sleep a few minutes ago and I hope that soon they will kick in and give me a few hours of rest...until then I blog. :-)

It's been a busy week here as usual and time on the
computer is usually pretty short and sweet for me these days because there is much to do and not a lot of time to get it all done.

Alex joined the Summer Readin
g Club at the library and picked out quite a large chapter book and I am hoping he will get through it, all 385 pages of it! Interestingly enough when he opened the book to read the summary on the inside jacket after we got it home we noticed that the main character's name is Jason--quite a coincidence.
The work on mom's room continues and I ordered the bed to be delivered next weekend. Alex finished getting all that old wall paper off the wall for us and after much taping and spackling Jim is almost ready to get the paint on the walls! I picked up the wall color today and I can't wait to see how it will look once it is up on the walls. I found a lamp at a thrift store (I was on the hunt for a jacket for Jesse to wear to work) that matches the bedding to a tee, I couldn't believe my luck with that.

We are hoping that mom will be well enough to travel soon because she is in the hospital right now having suffered another seizure on wednesday so I would ask everyone that reads my blog to keep us in your prayers.


We had a surprise visit from Tommy this week
and I am so thrilled that he is safely back from his deployment to Iraq!! Thank you for serving well and welcome home! Tommy is like another son to me and a brother to Alex because he has been friends with Robert since high school and I know those boys can't wait until Robert is back home for good and they can hang out again and get their egg sandwiches at the deli down the block from our house. So what did you do for the 4th? I guess I should end this post with my thoughts for today. I thanked my son for my freedom and if I did nothing else today I'm glad I did that. I spent a good part of my day just getting some cleaning done in the house and when we finally all agreed to go look at some fire works we only managed to go 1/2 a block from our house and sit in the parking lot of the Home Depot and watch fireworks that were being shot off in the neighborhood. We did get a pretty nice show, all things considered.
Alex asked me what we did for the 4th of July last year and I reminded him that we were in the airport picking up his brother last year at this time. Robert came home for his pre-deployment leave and although he left Hawaii on the 3rd he arrived in New York on the evening of the 4th. He would be home with us for a short while and then he went back to Hawaii to get ready for his deployment. I think back now and can't believe that we have been through 2 deployments and that Robert will be home for good at the end of this year and for that I am grateful.

Tomorrow I leave for 2 weeks again to take care of my mom in Florida. I hope to be able to blog at some point while I'm down there and update everyone on how she is doing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While there is still alot going on for you, it sounds as though you are healing a bit from all the recent tragedies. The progress on your mom's room is really coming along, thanks to Jim and Alex's help. I will continue to pray for you that things will work out with getting your mom home. For now, be safe, and remember to take things as they come, one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Linda your tenacity is amazing. Jim and Alex are wonderful supporters. Have safe travels my friend and my prayers will be with all of you every step of the way.

Mary

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things will be ready when your mom can make the trip. Praying for an easy trip and for your mom to make the move with no problems.

Hugs,
June

Anonymous said...

be save

love Madeleine

Scrappy Gal said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for sure. My heart goes out to all the hardships you and your family are enduring at this time.