Thursday, July 10, 2008

So many things to remember...

Thursday night July 10th 8:50pm

I'm on a flight heading to Orlando at the moment and it's getting a little bumpy but nothing too bad. The sunset to my right out the window was absolutely glorious with hues of oranges and yellows and bright reds. I'll be in Florida until next saturday and at that time I am bringing mom's little Yorkie with me on the flight back, now that should be an adventure in itself as I've never flown with a dog before!! Have any of my blog readers flown with a small dog before and can you offer up any advice??

This afternoon before I left home Jim came home from work and had stopped in to pick up the recliner that I bought last night for mom's room and I think it looks really nice in there. I brought down a small white accent table that I had upstairs in my scrap room that I really wasn't using for anything special and I think it is perfect for the lamp I found at a thrift store last week for only $10! The flower motif on the lamp base really matches the bedding and the picture hanging on the wall that disguises the circuit breaker box. The room is really starting to come together so nicely and you wouldn't believe that years ago this used to be a garage in the house when my mom and dad first bought it although the garage door was gone and it was being used for a room and not a garage.

I am going to miss the demolition that will take place in the first floor bathroom but it's all well and good and probably better that I'm not there for the huge mess that is going to take place in the next couple of days! I have left Alex with the camera and strict instructions to take pictures and have his big brother Jesse email them to me so I can see what is going on while I'm gone this coming week. Here is a picture of Alex in Home Depot holding up one of the tiles that is going in the bathroom, they are so pretty.

I think about all of the changes that are about to take place for us and it can become overwhelming but I know deep in my heart that God will not give me more than I can handle and that He will walk every step with me and when I can't walk he will carry me through every challenge that will come up. I am so blessed that I have a husband who is supportive and is working himself ragged to make mom's time with us the best that it can be, her room is going to be safe, comfortable and warm for her and her bathroom will be accessible in every way possible and completely safe so that she can be as independent as possible. We have a large house but because Jim's music studio/office is on the first floor he has willingly and without even batting an eye given up his space for my mom and I am so grateful to him for that. I married a man who is dedicated and puts family before anything else, no matter what!

It's pretty hard to believe it but in about 10 days mom will be living with us and my days of commuting back and forth to Orlando will come to an end for now. We pray for a miracle and that mom will beat this cancer beast and will be well enough to go home and be independent again in the future but until then I along with my husband and my sons will do everything in our power to make her time with us happy and safe. She will know that she is loved and she will know that no harm will come to her while she is with us.

Please continue to keep our family in your daily prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still praying

and hoping to speak to my cousin

soon

love Madeleine

Laura said...

Always keeping your family in our prayers. You are all lucky to have each other.