Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Reflections

I was thinking about the fact that so many changes are taking place and will take place in the future and I wish that mom was still around to see a lot of what is happening with us.

First of all Jesse got engaged and I couldn't be happier, I am finally going to have a daughter after all these years!! I gave Jesse one of mom's diamonds and we took it to the local jeweler and had it set into a beautiful ring for Nicole and I think the sentimental value is something that you can't put a price on. Needless to say she was very touched and she loves her ring...and that makes me happy.

I know that grandma would have given Jesse her blessing to use one of her diamonds to propose to his girl. :-) I guess I raised a hopeless romantic because this is how he proposed to Nicole. Of course, she said yes.



Yesterday Robert moved into his own apartment after being home for a year and out of the military. I am happy for him to be moving into the next step in his life and I hope that everything works out for him and his girlfriend who is moving in with him.

Jesse and Nicole will be moving into my next door neighbor's basement apartment next week so they will be our neighbors, how sweet is that? I'm looking forward to having Nicole come to the library for some fun cooking classes and other stuff with me. :)

I have my next 3 trips to visit Cole all reserved and planned out and Alex will be joining me for all of those, he didn't much like it when I left him home the last time I went before Christmas. I'm glad that I have my netbook that Jim got me for Christmas to use when I travel on the bus so that will keep me busy and pass the time when I am not in the mood to read.

It's hard to believe that it is 2010 and that this coming year I will be turning 50 years old but time just flies by and if you're not careful (as my brother Robert's girlfriend likes to tell me) your shadow will catch up with you. Having said that I hope to read many books, enjoy a lot of music and get lots of scrapbooking done this year.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Absolutely awesome in so many ways, but having your mom's diamond is such a beautiful thing...words really can't describe how beautiful! Congratulations again!