Wednesday, December 31, 2008

23 years ago

23 years ago this morning I got a phone call from mom that after only 28 days my beloved father had gone home to be with The Lord. Pancreatic cancer took him pretty quickly after we got the diagnosis but I'm quite sure that he had it for a long time before he showed symptoms and went to the doctor. Dad left us all with so many wonderful and happy memories because he certainly was not someone to sit around and do nothing, he was always on the go and our family did everything together and I'll always cherish all of those times.

So for today I'll share this picture of one of the many ski trips that were taken and I'm sure some will get a kick out of the goggles....errr....I mean glasses....and no that's not me.


3 comments:

Ginger said...

It's so great that you have such fond memories of your dad. I'm thinking of you today...

June said...

Linda {{HUG}}

Anonymous said...

love
Madeleine