Monday, December 22, 2008

Today is the day, let the holidays begin!!

Robert is finally home for good after serving 4 years and completing 2 tours of duty over in 'the sandbox' AKA Iraq!! After 2 flights with some delays and a couple of nights of partying with his buddies this is what I picked up at the airport this afternoon and I was so happy to see him!! I sure am glad I won't have to be saying any goodbyes to this child again!! Thank you, God, for bringing him home safely!




On the way home we decided to make a quick stop at Exit 49 just off the LIE to see Jim but as you can see he was a bit 'tied up' when we got there so we had to wait for him to come down. I cannot believe what my husband has to endure sometimes in his job on a daily basis but today I got to see it first hand...with the wind up there I'm quite sure it felt like it was below zero degrees up on that rig!

Finally on the ground and getting a hug from his son!



Sure is a good thing the beard keeps the face warm! If you work in a big office building with lots of glass you can thank someone like my husband for braving the elements to put it all up there.




We had a feast for dinner tonight prepared by yours truly and Alex is looking forward to bunking with his big brother tonight since he had to give up his room to our other guests...Uncle Robert and Aunt Michelle. :) Wednesday evening Nancy and Paul arrive and we will get to spend some really special and quality family time together....I hear Robert has put up a challenge...something about a Monopoly game...hmmmmm, should be interesting!!

7 comments:

June said...

Linda, just popped in and it wasn't there, flipped away and back, and there it was!! Crying like a baby, I am just so happy for you!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the visits, the chaos and the joy in your home!!

Please give Robert a huge hug from me and Garry, he is a treasure to us, too, as you know!!

Love you

Laura said...

YAY! YIPPEE! HOORAY! AT LAST!

I am so excited for all of you. Give each other big, squeezy, rib-crushing teddy bear hugs from me.

Merry Christmas indeed! Have a wonderful holiday with your wonderful family! :)

PS-forgot to tell you, I took Mark to see Spamalot for his birthday. He LOVED Clay! Shhh, don't tell him I told you ~ LMAO!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that Robert is finally home. All those months that turned to years of praying for safety and a quick return...Ahhhhh...bliss!

btw...those pics of Jim hugging the boys always get me all mushy inside. :)

This will be the Christmas ever. Enjoy it. It's well deserved. :)

Anonymous said...

well come home Robert
and happy happy holydays to all
here it's -10degree
and at least 3 feet of snow

love Madeleine

Anonymous said...

It's soooooo wonderful to see Robert home at last!!!! He looks fantastic. :)

I got all choked up looking at Jim hugging Robert. That always gets me.

Love you!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Linda, I have enjoyed your blog ever since you sent me the url.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family. You have so much to be Thankful for. So happy to see your son Robert back home now.

Our Christmas was peaceful with lots of joy; watching Zak open his gifts. The best for him was the i pod.

Love and hugs,
Susan & Zak

mama j said...

WELCOME HOME! Wooohooo! No more sandbox "play" ---I'm so excited for ALL OF YOU! Glad the timing was so perfect for Christmas, etc. What a PERFECT week, you've probably (hopefully??) had!

xoxo!