Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Christmas Cheer

Wow, it's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and my houseful of guests are all back to their lives and their respective homes. It was pretty crazy here for a few days but we all had a great time together and I will be cleaning for days but who cares!! I'll be finding pine needles for weeks, I'm sure....hmmm, wasn't my idea to have a real tree this year but that's okay, I don't really mind it much. Just some random pictures from Christmas Day...Alex playing his new Nerf game for the Wii which has mysteriously disappeared since sunday night...we haven't seen it since it was last spotted on the coffee table, who knows that happened to it with all of the boxes and wrapping paper that was flying around here over the weekend! I hope it turns up at some point in time.



Mom and Nancy opening a gift that mom received from Paul's dad and his wife, a lovely angel with the most beautiful wings that move and light up and she plays music, too.




Robert happy to see that he has gotten a full box of his favorite candy from Canada, marshmallow strawberries, THANK YOU MADELEINE for sending them to me for Robert, he was really surprised!



After opening all of our gifts here we went to spend time with Jim's family and had a wonderful dinner with everyone. It was hard because we all miss Jason so much, especially Alex...but we got through it and the meal was delicious and when I was helping to set up dessert I couldn't help but spy this little creation and I can't even begin to describe the laugh I got out of this thing...Jim said it looks like a 2 flusher, Alex said it looks like a poop so we called it a poop cake after a while. I have to say I had a slice and it was delicious!! I think it's just the extra 'bump' on the top that made it look weird!



Saturday I took a day for myself and had the opportunity to see Spamalot one more time and boy was I glad that I did, it was even funnier this time! I had a great time with my dear friend, Mary and I'm thrilled that I had the chance to see her for the holidays.


Afterwards I met my friend Paula and we had a quick dinner at John's pizzeria and made our way to the Blue Note Jazz Club where we enjoyed an evening of music by our favorite trumpet player! I'd never been to the Blue Note and it was awesome to see Chris Botti play in a small place like that, I hope to go again next year since he plays there every holiday season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love to see you all so happy

I pray that it goes on and on

love Madeleine

Ginger said...

I read the past several blogs and just wanted to say hello! I'm so happy for your family that Robert is home and your mom looks so great! Seems like lots of good days for you all. Yay for a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all!{hugs}

Anonymous said...

Linda, looks like y'all had a great Christmas, always fun with a houseful of love!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our house to yours!!

Hugs