Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday 8:45pm Hawaii time

Another picture perfect day here, the only thing that would have made it better is if Robert had come home as we had hoped this morning but we will see him tomorrow and when it's been this long one more day is bearable to us. Once we knew we weren't leaving to head to the base early this morning Jim and Alex decided to take in some swimming down at the hotel pool and I just relaxed on a lounge chair and watched them have fun.

I just put my head back several times and let the sounds of the crashing waves lull me into a relaxed state, it can put you to sleep at any given moment if you're not careful, especially when you're in a postcard environment such as we are right now.

We stopped in the lobby first for some photo opportunities and it's so nice to have the tripod to use so that I can get shots of all of us, including myself in the photos! Thanks Nan, I love the tripod...you'll have a hard time getting it back from me, LOL!! Just kidding, sis. :)

After swim time we had a nice lunch in the hotel at their salad bar, buffet area and then put the top down on our convertible and cruised on down to Kaneohe Bay to check in at the Lodge on base and get our gate pass all taken care of. Wow, it was so nice to see everyone that is there already from our 3/3 Yahoo group little family, the old faces from last deployment and the new ones...there were hugs all around and I was thrilled to see all of my old friends and yet I feel a touch of sadness because I know that when we say goodbye after this trip I won't see any of them again since this is our last trip out to Oahu because Robert will be getting out of the Marine Corps by the end of this year.

I took a drive out to Pearl City to pick up a few things at Walmart with Karen and of course stock up on the cold adult beverages that I'm sure will be consumed over the next few days...heehee.

We made plans to have a family BBQ with all of us on friday afternoon and everyone was making signs to hang up with messages of "Welcome Home" to our boys. Alex made a really cute one and he's going to hold it up in the hangar tomorrow morning when we go out there to wait for Robert and his 'brothers' to come off the plane.

We drove back up to Turtle Bay for our last night and Jim and Alex went to take a short swim in the pool and enjoy a bit of the hot tub before we turn in tonight, tomorrow morning we are checking out of here and driving back down to the base to stay for the next week.

I can't wait to see Robert!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

counting the minutes to see him off the plane : ) so hurry with the pics : )
s

Scrappy Gal said...

Sounds like you are having a great time and hope your day wasn't too rough not being able to see your son.

Hugs to you all....

Laura said...

I can't wait for you to see Robert either!!! :)

So glad you are all having a great time! Looks absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am there with you,keep up this great blog it is awesome.

Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to sign it MOM

Anonymous said...

suspense is a killer..
get him off ths plane and post some pics!
haha.

i agree with gma. great blog!