Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a really nice Thanksgiving meal this year even though Robert was missing from our table, we made the best of it and we did get to chat with him earlier in the day online so that was good. I have to say that I am not the Suzy homemaker so I am very grateful for boxes and cans and quite honestly everyone loved everything and there wasn't much leftovers. 01 I was happy that the turkey I chose was just about the right size for all of us and it turned out well, there is always that worry of overcooking and it being dry but it was very good. 02 The rest of the fixins’ turned out well, I made the usual green bean casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing and sweet potato casserole and I couldn’t decide if I should use the pecan streusel or the marshmallow topping so I just used half of each and let everyone decide what they wanted to have.

03 04 05 06

07 08

After dinner was all cleaned up and everyone was watching football and relaxing I decided to finish wrapping all of the holiday gifts so that we would be all ready to roll when we leave for our trip to Virginia to celebrate with Nancy, Paul and Cole since they will be in Montana for Christmas this year we decided to get together early to exchange gifts and spend time together.

I am really happy that I was able to use some of mom’s pretty ribbon that she had stored in her closet at her house. I discovered the ribbon when we were unpacking everything that was brought here from her place and I hoped that I would be able to use it one day. I think it makes the packages look so festive!

09 010 011

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The wrapps look great. The ribbon is beautiful. Can't wait to see you guys.