Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday and the start of the Thanksgiving week


I think I'm ready for Thanksgiving, all except for the fact that Robert won't be with us this year. Yesterday Jim and Alex went to spend some time with Jack and while they were gone I prepared a zucchini bake to have with our Sunday dinner. The rotisserie chicken I picked up at Sam's Club was delicious, they make the best chicken there and it is really cheap!

Jesse was doing his laundry when I got home and he sat and ate with us, I was impressed that he ate the zucchini bake and wanted the recipe but he's going to make it with chicken instead of the zucchini, he's not a big fan of vegetables but at least he tried it.

The library newsletter came in the mail and imagine my surprise when I turned to the back page and saw this photo!! Yea that kid in the photo next to the librarians is my Jesse. :-) We have started some new programs for our "In betweens" or 18-24 year old patrons, when they 'age out' of the teen department they have no where to go and expressed an interest in having programs geared just for them and my library rocks so hard that of course we had to do something. They have been having game nights and Magic the Gathering nights among other things. Even though Jesse is a bit older my department head wanted him to come and bring some of his friends so that the program could get off the ground and he seemed to have a good time.

We've been very busy weeding old material to shift books and make a space for this age group to be able to hang out in and call their own, I cannot wait to see how it all turns out for them. I will be sure to post photos when that happens.

Well, I guess it's about time to go relax with my book and wait for the season finale of Dancing with the Stars. I also plan to check out Skating with the Stars and see if that is worth watching...hey nothing else on until the new season of American Idol starts in January so I might as well check it out, right?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Jesse at zucchini!