Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday update...it's been 2 weeks

Two weeks ago today I drove frantically to the hospital not knowing what was wrong with Jason, just that a family member was urgently needed there as soon as possible. I have prayed and prayed and told the LORD that I accept His will...I only ask that He help me get through it, whatever it is. He's had a few small surgeries the past couple of days including the placement of a cava filter. He had a tracheotomy and a g-tube for nutrition put into his stomach yesterday and he started getting that this morning. The ventilator tube is now placed into his trach and was taken out of his mouth which means that they were able to clean up his face and he looks so much better. For that reason we decided it was time for Alex to see his cousin today and we took him into the room with the consent of his nurse and my brother in law, Jack.

It was very sweet when Alex saw him, he held his hand and said, "Hi Jason, it's me Alex...get better and come home soon, I miss you...." and then Jason's head moved from side to side ever so slightly but enough to know that he was somehow responding to his little cousin. He's been taking one breath over the ventilator on his own every so often.

Through all of this and everything going on with my mom's diagnosis I feel that my faith will overcome my fear of what is to come.

Thank you to everyone that is praying for our family, I am so grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,

Glad to hear things are looking a little better for Jason. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

HUGS

mama j said...

Cold chills, as I read this, Linda! Can't get you out of my mind/thoughts/heart....so, I just pray! I don't know how people survive, without a faith in God....it's too much to handle.... Keep the updates coming, as you can.

xoxo.

Scrappy Gal said...

My heart just aches for you all. How sweet that he responded to Alex, sounds like he could definitely use more of him around him. You know how they say more outside visitors talking to them and responding helps? I'm a firm believer in that and it's apparent in his case that it's working!

Hugs all around and prayers continuing for you and your family during this time!