Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A beautiful day!

I went to the hospital this morning expecting a very difficult day for our family. What I got was hope! The neurosurgeon came in to talk to us and said that he chased the organ donation people away and that Jason is showing brain activity and has now moved his arms and feet!! We won't know for a while what the extent of the damage is to his brain and there is always the chance that he will remain in a vegetative state but he also said "This kid has shocked me with how far he's come, he made it...he's alive" and that he might have some quality of life with lots of rehabilitation. For now we will take that because when we are given no hope and to have come this far you take anything you can get. We just keep praying and take it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's wonderful Lin, I will surely keep him in my prayers.

mama j said...

Linda-I'm crying now, as I read this.....all of it! I will pray, pray, pray!!! WOW--God works miracles--and praying that He chooses to do so, for you all....email me, if you need anything!!! ((Hugs))

Ginger said...

What awesome news! I, too, hope God chooses to work a miracle in jason.