Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just needed to feel useful


I heard from Robert on tuesday and he said that they were getting eaten alive by bed bugs and he asked me for the strongest insect repellent I could find, he said, "Ma...send me 100% DEET!!". Now this kid never asks for anything for himself so of course I was just sick about this and I had to do something so yesterday I went out and bought up all that I could find and before I knew it I decided to make 12 packages, one for each of the Marines in Robert's squad. Today they will be going in the mail. I feel better knowing I'm doing something to help them out.


So to my son, Robert...and my adopted Marine sons Cailen, Riley, Derek, Detric, Jacob, Ronald, Ruben, Andrew, Luke, Justin and Salvatore...I love and support you all and help is on the way.

5 comments:

mama j said...

That's awesome Linda! Our Child. Dept. made up 7 boxes this summer and sent them out to troops---it was such a joy and a very exciting thing to do for all of us (and emotional for me!!). I hated how hard it was to mail them though--do you have to do the whole customs form for yours? This chick at the PO insisted that I did....OMG--45 min. later!! But, I reminded myself, it's a small price to pay for our precious troops, right? Would you mind emailing me his address? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow wow, you rock.I would love to mail 12 boxes,gee maybe when you come in October!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the bug spray works.You go girl. You are awesome. Keep up with the great work.

Kelly said...

Linda, WOW!!! That is so awesome! WTG!!!! :)

Scrappy Gal said...

Oh wow! You rock Linda! Amazing woman you are! What a sweet thing you are doing for your son and his mates!