Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sunday

Here is a 2 page layout I completed for a "victorian" challenge on my scrapbook board, Scrap N Chat. For this layout I used 2 sheets of tan cardstock as my base and inked and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing ink pad in vintage photo. The pattern paper is from a Die Cuts with a View paper pack called "Once Upon a Time" that I got on clearance for $5 at Michaels!! Love this paper pack, it is so rich and some of the paper has glitter on it which I love. I used 2 different sheets, one is the torn edges and one is the pattern background paper in the middle of the pages.

I cut the girl at 8" from my cricut cartridge, A Child's Year. I was looking for a 'praying' or 'kneeling' figure and I found the one of the girl kneeling down with a cat in her hands to work perfectly, I cut off the cat and with my scissors I rounded the arms to look like hands. I think it turned out nice.

Above her I wanted some sort of "time piece" so I cut the clock from the picturesque cartridge and this was cut at 2" as well as the layer (clock face) and I then used my brown Le Plume marker to go over the numerals and add little touches to the clock face.


I added some flowers that I had made last year at a Quick Quotes weekend and they work really well with this victorian/heritage feel. I also added some pearl accents and some lacy border ribbon.


Thanks for looking.
Link

No comments: