Monday, January 24, 2011

A few days to catch up on...


While I haven't posted in a few days I have been keeping up with my photo taking so I'm going to get caught up a bit here.

Thursday the 20th I had the pleasure of taking a very cool scrapbook class at my library...how lucky am I that I get to take these classes down the street from my house and now I get to pay 1/2 of what I did wh
en I took them at my friend's house because the library is paying her to teach the classes. Of course I do pay a pretty steep tax bill so that helps to fund the library so it is nice to be able to take advantage of that from time to time. This is me with my friend, Joann, who works with me.

Friday night I took the train into the city to meet my sister for dinner because she was in town for a knitting convention put on by Vogue Knitting. I can't believe the prices they charge for the classes but I guess I'm used to the scrapbooking world and not the knitting world so I don't really know what the norm is. My friend, Sandi, also met up with us and we had a great time chatting and having dinner. We were supposed to eat at one of my favorite theater district eateries but the wait was over an hour so we opted for the always fast service place, Junior's in Shubert Alley. :) This is me with Sandi, and I didn't get a picture with my sister...crazy me!! My son, Jesse, joined us and he was a load of fun for all of us ladies.

I made a really delicious vegetable soup for dinner on saturday because Jim was working overtime and being outside in the frigid cold all day I had a feeling he would appreciate a nice pot of soup at the end of the day.
All of the ingredients were fresh and the soup turned out great.

Sunday morning I tried something I saw on the Hungry girl website and I couldn't believe how easy it was and yet totally scrumptious!!
It is called an egg mug!! I took a large mug and sprayed it with Pam and then added 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites and one Laughing Cow Light swiss cheese wedge (chopped up) and microwaved that for 90 seconds and then stirred it and nuked for another minute and voila...an amazing breakfast topped with one slice of WW bread and a banana!!

Today it was 1 degree when I sat down with my morning coffee and I contemplated just staying home until I had to go to work at 5pm but then I decided to just brave it and went out for the few items I need at Walmart and then stopped in at my favorite Michael's and boy was I glad I did!!! They were clearing out all of the holiday stuff from the $1 bins and filling up grab bags for $2 and the manager that was working on it gave me a bag and told me to stuff it with whatever I wanted!
When all was said and done I walked away with over 230 items for $2!!! Yes, $230.00 worth of some of my favorite bling for just $2!! It was my lucky day, for sure!! I am really glad I decided to venture out and brave the cold weather!!

No comments: