Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blizzard 2009


Well here it is sunday night and it has been quite the weekend here with the amazing amount of snow that we got from a major storm that hit the east coast! I guess I was a bit shocked when I woke up this morning and saw the amount of the white stuff that actually was out there because the storm had a late start getting to us. I must admit that I underestimated it because at 3pm yesterday there was not a flake to be seen and in fact by 4pm we really only had a dusting on the ground but what a difference a day makes!!!

I was watching things all day yesterday and Jim went out for some steaks and other meats so that we had stuff to make for dinner and I just hung out and relaxed in the house and snapped a few photos, never really thinking that it would get THAT BAD!!! Man was I wrong!! You can see here the difference between yesterday and today with the tree on our front lawn. It took Jim most of the day to shovel our driveway because he had to do it himself, really...Jesse was stuck at the hotel where he works and couldn't come home and Robert decided this was a good weekend to head down to Atlantic City, who knows why??? I don't know how long it will take for all of this to melt but I'm sure it will be a while before I see my grass again, we got upwards of 2 feet of snow out there and some of the drifts are about 3-4 feet. It is not fun having 2 dogs in this situation, Jim had to dig a tunnel for them to even be able to get out of the side and back doors!! We had a large tent out the back door, that is now gone...crushed by the snow that was on top of it and then falling off the house during the night, the mangled metal was blocking the back door from being opened and Jim had to use a hack saw to cut it so that he could open the door for the dogs to get out into the yard. Ok...blizzard, I get your point...now please don't come back...this was just ridiculous...I'm all for some pretty white stuff for the holidays but this was way too much!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

That is insane and I am glad that we don't have snow yet.

april said...

this look a little bite like QUÉBEC that what I like most in winter

Happy new Year love Madeleine