Thursday, July 02, 2009

So busy this time of year...

...we have baseball, library programs, reading to be done and scrappin'!! Here is a 2 page layout I did last night at my monthly class, I used some pictures of Alex and I at the beach near mom's house, these were taken by mom so I'm happy to have them, we were at the beach in August of 2007 when Alex and I decided to surprise mom with a visit that she didn't expect. That was such a fun day for us.




Alex enjoyed his very first program as a "teen" at the library on monday and he made these awesome candy sparklers! I love how the sun is hitting the confetti and making it shine in the photos!






In case anyone is wondering about Pookie, I thought I would post a photo I took of her today...she seems to be doing fine and adapting to our way of life, she stays in the crate while I'm out at work for 4-5 hours and she seems just fine when I get home. I think she is just getting used to our routine...she can always tell when I am getting ready for work and in fact when I come downstairs and she sees me get my little bag that I take to work with me she goes right in the crate and waits for me to give her the treat and shut the door.


I know she must miss mom but I think she's going to be just fine.


I miss mom and I catch myself thinking about her and wanting to show her something or tell her something like when Alex's report card came in the mail on tuesday and he finished out the year with a 96.88 average I wanted to run into mom's room and show it to her but then I remembered that she wasn't there. I suppose in time that will pass but I guess the fact that she lived here with us and was such a huge part of my day to day life it will take me some time.

4 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

Your last paragraph really tugged at my heart b/c I know that all too well. I still find myself wishing my dad was around to meet his grandkids and things like that. It's hard and I suppose they are there, just in a different way.

hugs!! I love your layout btw! I'm itching to scrap, a lot, but time isn't there right now.

april said...

I have dial my mom phone number for a while...
it is nice to here of pookie
is such a nice doggie your mother teach him well...
nice work Alex did good
love madeleine

Kelly said...

Oh how I know what you mean...I still grab the phone thinking to call Mom, but it just has to take time I guess. I have so many moments where I just am lost in disbelief. Take care, I pray for you daily my friend!

June said...

Pookie sounds like such a sweet puppy, and she is probably getting as much comfort from you as you are from her. She knows she's still safe and no doubt she still senses her 'Mom' there, too.

Your reactions will change with time, I no longer think about calling my Mom to tell her something or check on her, but I still find myself talking to her. She'll always be with you in your heart. ((hug))