Thursday, March 05, 2009

Completed Web 2.0

I'm happy to say that I completed all of the activities for Web 2.0

While there were a lot of things that I was already familiar with and have used in the past I have to say that doing these exercises helped me a great deal! I learned some new and interesting things available to me online that I didn't know about before. I am now using Library Thing and Google Docs as well as Flickr and I probably wouldn't have known about these applications had it not been for the Web 2.0 program through my job.

Finally, I found it really cool that when I got an email (I'm on their email list) from one of my favorite bands, Genesis, directing me to their new fan website they had search buttons on their page to find them on Flickr, You Tube, My Space, Facebook and Wikipedia. I think that a great deal of these tools and networking sites are being used more and more by not only musical artists and celebrities to promote themselves but by ordinary people like you and I to just have fun with.

This has been a great learning experience for me and now it's time to get back to what I started this blog for...scrapbooking. Stay tuned...I am still packing for my 3 day crop at the end of the month!!!

Finally I wanted to just extend my love and condolences to my friend, KellyAnne on the loss of her beloved mom this week.

3 comments:

N. Tanzi said...

You're all set Linda. It seems like you got a lot out of it.

Ginger said...

Glad that was all helpful! My love to KA, too!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much Linda, it is so nice to have such wonderful friends like you.