Monday, September 08, 2008

Monthly oncology visit today

Wow, what a busy day I had today...it was non stop all day!! I started my day off early and got Alex off to the bus and then I really got busy! I had a meeting at the school with his guidance counselor, the school psychologist and his 4 'core' teachers so I could fill them in a little bit on my son and his needs, having a child who requires a little extra TLC means that you have to be a parent advocate and not to toot my own horn but I feel I was born for this job. To say that Alex has a lot going on in his life at the moment is quite an understatement so I wanted all of his teachers to be aware of everything and to let them know that they can get in touch with me if anything comes up that they feel needs to be addressed. I felt good when I walked out of there!

Came home and since Jesse was here today to stay with grandma and hang out I took the opportunity to get my coupons in order and get my weekly shopping done. I saved $75.00 on my shopping order today, even the cashier was impressed!! :-D After a quick lunch it was off to the Stonybrook Cancer center for mom's appointment with Dr. Wu, her oncologist.

We had a good visit and mom was really happy to hear that she is doing well and that her being able to tolerate the chemotherapy and continue to stay on it is a positive with this type of cancer. We got the go-ahead to start another round of chemo tonight and the doctor scheduled an MRI for 3 weeks and a follow up at the beginning of October.


The traffic coming home was pretty crazy so mom and I stopped and enjoyed a yummy dinner at Friendly's (no ice cream, thank you!) and got home at 7pm to find some lovely cards from friends/family and a package with this really beautiful, soft, warm and cozy blanket that was sent to her by Sandy Royston (THANK YOU!!!!) and was all handmade by her...mom loves it!!




A few days ago mom and I went to Kohl's for a little shopping therapy and she put a hurtin' on her debit card but doesn't she look pretty in her new sweater and knit pants? She even got herself a beautiful and very warm 'wrap' for those chilly fall days that are coming before you know it. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOM YOU LOOK BUTIFUL : )

Kelly said...

Oh that is good news to know she's able to go another round of chemo. She does look beautiful and her color looks great. I continue to pray for her to beat the cancer. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Denise look so happy
it good to see her that way
love Madeleine

Scrappy Gal said...

What a great update! She looks so happy and the tone of the blog is so cheery! I love her blanket and what a great gift! You are all in my thoughts constantly!!!

mama j said...

You Mom looks GREAT!!! Glad to see another update--I don't frequent here as often as I'd like to, now that I'm working almost 40 hr.---but know that you're constantly in my thoughts!